Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 1995 13:49:59 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        pedrosal@nce.ufrj.br (Pedro Salenbauch)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, pedrosal@nce.ufrj.br
Subject:   Re: Adaptek 1542 on other ports

> 	I bought the FreeBSD CD-Rom, but as my Adaptek aha-1542
> SCSI controller is on port 130 instead of 330, FreeBSD doesn't
> recognize it. My port 330 is used by Soundblaster's MIDI.

It depends on the FreeBSD version on the CDROM :-). If it is
FreeBSD 2.0, you can type at the boot prompt a "-c" and are landing
in a configuration utility for the drivers. type a "?" or "help"
at this prompt to see the commands. I think you need to type in a
"port aha0 0x130", but i am not exactly sure about the correct command.
Don't forget, you need to do this everytime at the boot until you can
built a custom kernel and make that permament.

Another idea would be to set back the Adaptec to its defaults and change
the MIDI port of the soundblaster to another address.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe