Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 11:08:17 +0900
From:      Bull TORS <pwd8jmr22w@me.point.ne.jp>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   '#periodic monthly' '#periodic weekly' '#periodic daily' problems

hi to everyone,

I have been using my freebsd system for almost 7-8 months.

I have read in my internal help documents about newbies that I should run
#periodic monthly #periodic weekly #periodic daily from time to time...I
still have not really grasp the importance of it but I have developed the
habbit of running these commands from time to time...I think cron does run
these commands for me too...but since I turn-off my laptop after work, i use
to run these commands on my free time.

But, for the past few weeks, I have forgotten about these commands...
Yesterday, I wanted to run these commands but I encountered some problems:

future# periodic monthly
future# collect: Cannot write ./dfi4Q1lWFh000774 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25):
Permission denied
queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi4Q1lWFh000774, euid=25: Permission
denied

future# periodic weekly
future# collect: Cannot write ./dfi4Q1rFUu000854 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25):
Permission denied
queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi4Q1rFUu000854, euid=25: Permission
denied

future# periodic daily
future# collect: Cannot write ./dfi4Q1xS9A001139 (bfcommit, uid=25, gid=25):
Permission denied
queueup: cannot create queue file ./qfi4Q1xS9A001139, euid=25: Permission
denied

I can only say that a week fews ago, I still can no longer remember why...but
I did a very not so good thing to my system...I did a #rm -rf * on
my /var/log directory.  After that, since i do not want to bother the list
about my on wrong doing I made a list of the /var/log files on the other pc
at my home and created the almost the same files from that list, which i
think I have done quite but maybe not successfully.  Does the errors above
connection to what I did to the /var/log files?  What should I do to
eliminate these errors and be able to run these commands again?

Thank you for any ideas and advices in advance...

Bull TORS