Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:29:33 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Jan Knepper" <jan@digitaldaemon.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: T1/DS1

Jan,

This is normal, but if you can, I would reccomend that you offer them floor
space to put a rack.  If they don't bite, offer them the rack (23" CPI) as
well.  The fiber stuff works and looks /so/ much better in a rack.

When I was in the planning/building stage of my current datacenter, I was
fortunate enough to have a nice big wall for the telco.  Verizon actually
has a 23" rack, an 8' x 8' backboard (of which, I reserved a portion for my
own stuff).

From the backboard, I have a 12" cable ladder that runs from the telco wall
all the way to my equipment racks.  Their 23" rack has a short piece
bridging the gap from the telco rack to the ladder.

Somewhere around here, I have a diagram and parts list of what I put
together.  If interested, reply off list and I'll dig around for it.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

They told me to think out of the box, but I
tripped over it, now I own my own company.