Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:51:15 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash10 on BETA2, by f10 / f8

Hi,

Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.co.jp> writes:

> I have quick checked follow two flash10 behavior.
>
>   1)
>     FreeBSD 8-BETA2/amd64
>     linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r32
>     linux_base-f10
>
>   2)
>     FreeBSD 8-BETA2/i386
>     linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r32
>     linux_base-f8

There is a specail linux flashplugin port for linux_base-f8.
It is www/linux-f8-flashplugin10.

> Both look working well. I couldn't encounter a bug
> around playing movie. Great :)
>
> But in case 1), flash player cannot print Japanese
> font. In case 2), flash10 player displays Japaense
> text well.

Hm, I'd expect right the opposite with the latest ports
(both linux-* and X11). The problem (I'm referring to)
is with the fontconfig version. Only x11-fonts/linux-f10-fontconfig
has a configuration file compatible with current X11 versions.

> Anyone has any ideas?

None for now, but can you post an output for:
-----
% pkg_info | grep -E '(linux|fontconfig)'
-----

--
WBR, bsam