Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 18:29:26 GMT
From:      Richard Finn <rfinn@interweb.hou.neo.net>
To:        support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   upgrade

	I recently upgraded my system from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7.1 (previously updated from 2.1.0 to 2.1.6).  In my customized kernel I have a line that states:
options		"MAXMEM=(32*1024)"
When I run the config on it it creates a line in the Makefile:
IDENT=-DGAWAIN -DI586_CPU -DXSERVER -DATAPI -DMAXMEM=(32*1024) -DSYSVMSG -DSYSVSEM -DSYSVSHM -DVISUAL_USERCONFIG -DUSERCONFIG -DUCONSOLE -DCOMPAT_43 -DPROCFS -DFFS -DINET
When I try to make the new kernel I get an error:
Syntax error: "(" unexpected
*** Error code 2

Stop.

The only way to make the error go away is to take the MAXMEM part out of the Makefile... but I need FreeBSD to recognize all my RAM.

Richard Finn
rfinn@houston-interweb.com