Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:44:26 -1000
From:      Clifton Royston <cliftonr@lava.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Accidentally aborted upgrade via freebsd-update - how to recover?

  OK, so I'm a late adopter - up til now I've always upgraded FreeBSD
machines from source or picking the update from a CD, but I decided to
try freebsd-update to finally get my home machine from 6.4 to 7.1 (and
thence hopefully to 8.1).

  Everything went well up through the merge steps, until I noticed a
merge I had forgotten to resolve in /etc/hosts.allow, so at the
"Does this look reasonable (y/n)?" prompt I answered 'n', thinking that
would put me back into the editor.

  Instead it dumped me to the command line and aborted the update
completely.

  How can I continue from here without downloading and applying 29000+
patches all over again, not to mention having to manually resolve the
updated $FreeBSD lines in a ton of config files?  (Or worse, having it
try to apply patches which have already been applied?)

  I just tried typing "sudo freebsd-update install" and
"sudo freebsd-update install -r 7.1-RELEASE" but that gives me:

 "No updates are available to install."

  Is there some way to resume where I left off?
  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr@iandicomputing.com / cliftonr@lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/