Date:      Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:21:28 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is it necessary to reinstall OS upon motherboard change?

Hi Poly,

Thanks for replying.

I could not figure out any way to suppress all that noise that comes from=20
my system. Upon opening the cabinet to investigate, all that I could make o=
ut=20
was that the noise originates from the motherboard. It's possible that=20
this motherboard uses lower grade capacitors and electronics, which could b=
e=20
the root problem. Being obsessive, I decided that I don't want to keep=20
bearing all that noise forever, and so I decided to order a new MB -=20
despite the fact that the 'current' MB is almost brand new itself, just=20
about 2 weeks old.

I am now moving to a fairly expensive Gigabyte board which does NOT have=20
integrated graphics. Since my nvidia card works well with FreeBSD, I don't=
=20
need integrated grahics any more.

If the MB move fails to take care of the noise, I will next try a new CPU=20
fan (and then maybe the RAM modules; and then maybe ?? ... I am out of=20
ideas at this stage - perhaps just a piece of rope to tie around my neck).

Regards
Manish Jain