Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:09:34 +0200
From:      "Jan Schermer" <zviratko@travicka.zelena.sk>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CMedia 8738 pcm driver

I've recently installed 4.4-STABLE on my machine (PII 450/MB Asus P2B-LS)
and I have problems getting sound to work... The soundcard is Zoltrix
Nightingale (utilizing the cmi 8738 driver from pcm) but it just doesn't
work. When i 'cat' /dev/sndstat and grep dmesg, I get correct information
about it, catting binary files to /dev/dsp makes scratchy noises, but when I
try to run mpg123 or anything "useful", it just remains silent(with no error
at all!). The error must be in the pcm driver, because on the same install,
OSS (www.opensound.com) proprietary drivers work just fine. Anybody have a
clue what to do with it?

Thanks in advance
Jan