Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2013 06:31:44 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adoble Flash troubles on 9.2-RELEASE

On 10/12/13 20:37, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 11:52 +0200, David Demelier wrote:
>> I don't like much chrome but I'll give a try to see.
> +1 It's not a browser I like.
>
> Since I'm using my computer for audio production my FreeBSD isn't
> maintained, I need to use Linux, so I don't know if Chrome is available
> for FreeBSD. When I google (resp. startpage.com search) for FreeBSD and
> Chrome, it seems to be that the hits aren't about Chrome, but Chromium
> instead.
>
> Chromium doesn't include Adobe Flash,
> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/ChromiumBrowserVsGoogleChrome .
>
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> At least we could use Adobe Flash by Chrome with FreeBSD in a virtual
> machine running a Linux instead of a Windows guest. Or is Chrome
> available for FreeBSD too?
>
> Perhaps you should post the links that don't work with the latest Linux
> version of Adobe Flash, so others could test if the issue is really
> caused by Flash Player and not by something else.

To add more confusion to this fray, although it may not help with gray
screen issue, the only reason chromium works (yes, just install the
nspluginwrapper as per the handbook) is that it is better suited to the
new pepper style Adobe is going with now.

FWIW, I did put in a port to fix drm issues on any site which was
stopping videos playing (again, not your specific issue, but what
appears to be in discussion here) and which allows flash to work using
any browser - uses linux dbus libraries (weird). Not sure of the status
though.

Cheers