Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:49:14 +0200
From:      Barry Irwin <bvi@itouchlabs.com>
To:        Eric <swive@getnet.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: wordperfect

On Fri 2002-04-05 (23:58), Eric wrote:
> I work in a law office, and that lawyers use WordPerfect by a large
> majority, period.  There's no chance of getting them to switch to, e.g.,
> emacs.
>
> 1.  Does the performance meet production standards,
> 2.  Any tips for installation, and
> 3.  *most importantly* Where can I get a GUILG00.GZ that meets checksum?

bvi@shagrat /usr/ports$ make search key=corel
Port:   wordperfect-8.0
Info:   Graphical word processor ported from Windows
Maint:  msmith@freebsd.org
Index:  editors linux
B-deps:
R-deps: linux_base-6.1

Tried using the port to install ?

It requires you pull the files down from corel's site:
===>  wordperfect-8.0 'The source to this port may not be automatically
fetched due to licensing restrictions.  You MUST fetch the source manually
after reading and following the links at
http://linux.corel.com/products/wp8/download.htm  Once GUILG00.GZ has been
downloaded, move it to /usr/ports/distfiles and then restart this build.'.

However....

It seems that the  URL above is no longer valid.  Closest one I could find
was:
http://linux.corel.com/products/wpo2000_linux/index.htm

Maybe worth mailing the port maintainer about a possible update ?

Given tho that you are going to be using this in a commercial environ I
think you will probably have to purchase from them, but check the Agreemetnt
at the URL above

Barry

--
Barry Irwin		bvi@itouchlabs.com			+27214875177
Systems Administrator: Networks And Security