Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:44:49 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: at_shutdown going away

In message <199908211951.MAA00837@dingo.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: > In message <199908190737.AAA04137@dingo.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: > : Seriously though, I'm in the process of replacing a number of the
: > : ad-hoc event handler callout lists in the kernel (most notably the
: > : at_shutdown and apm* lists) with a generic implementation.
: >
: > Shouldn't the apm stuff use the new-bus hooks?  I've migraded a couple
: > of uses in pccard to using that now that I have newbus node to hang
: > them off of...
:
: APM is only attached to the ISA bus for crufty reasons; I'm going to
: take it off shortly and use the kernel environment to pass it options.

No.  You misunderstand me.  I'm talking about the device_suspend and
device_remove methods which get called for all attached devices on
suspend and remove.

Warner