Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:28:07 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        dave <dmehler22@earthlink.net>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing both ssh1 and ssh2 on fbsd 4.0-release.

dave (dmehler22@earthlink.net) wrote:

> Hello,
>     Sorry about the html posting. I did consider openssh, but when looking
> over the ports pkg-descr file I only saw a reference to openssh 1.5. Is
> there a newer version out? I just cvsupped my security source tree tonight,
> and didn't see it.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

OpenSSH 2.2.0 is actually now part of the FreeBSD base system. I
don't think it was part of the system back in 4.0 -- so if you
update your system with a make world, you won't even have to worry
about installing the ports!

If you don't want to upgrade to 4.2, you can certainly install the port.

--
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105