Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        wayne@staff.msen.com
Subject:   Re: cvsup dumps core

In article <200104051720.NAA44550@manor.msen.com>,
Michael R. Wayne <wayne@staff.msen.com> wrote:

> With the recent ntpd exploit, I wanted to update only the files
> in /usr/src/contrib/ntp/ntpd.  Based on the man page, I should
> be able to use -i to do this.  But cvsup seems pretty unhappy:
>
> 1162> /usr/local/bin/cvsup @M3stackdump -g -L 2 -i ntpd /usr/local/etc/stable-supfile

I don't know why you got a core dump.  It doesn't do that here when
I try it.

Unrelated to the core dump, you didn't use the -i option quite right.
As the man page says: "The pattern is a standard file name pattern.
It is interpreted relative to the collection's prefix directory."  So
you should have used "-i src/contrib/ntp/ntpd".

John