Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:40:52 -0700
From:      Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
Subject:   Re: poudriere and forcing depends

On 09/17/2018 17:52, Carmel NY wrote:
> I have come across several ports that poudriere builds with the wrong
> dependencies.
>
> I have MySQL 8.0 installed by poudriere. I wanted to install
> "databases/mysqlbackup" When built using the system "make install" command, it
> works fine. However, when I attempt to build it with poudriere, poudriere
> insists on installing MySQL 5.6 and removing MySQL 8.0. I have had a similar
> problem with PHP72 and poudriere.
>
> Either I am doing something incorrectly or else there is a problem with the
> way poudriere is choosing what dependencies to use.

Poudriere does not check /etc/make.conf and always builds on a clean
system, so it picks up default versions instead of using what is already
installed.  You need to set

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+= mysql=8.0

in one of the make.conf files poudriere checks (see the poudriere man
page for the naming scheme it uses for them).