Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 01:04:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Andrew Kaufmann <andrewk@Redwing.airship.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installion bootup problems

Hello-
	I recently purchased the Walnut Creek CD-ROM FreeBSD book (with
FreeBSD 2.2.1), and am I currently trying to get the boot floppy to work
in booting the system.  The computer starts up, does the RAM check, prints
the CMOS settings, then prints a couple other messages standard to a
functional boot (Cache type.. EDO in DRAM..).  Afterwards, it reads from
the floppy drive, but then freezes.  The computer isn't locked up, as
cntrl+alt+del still works, but it stays frozen indefinetely.  The system
is an Intel Pent 200 (generic assembly, not Dell, Gateway, etc).

	Suggested solutions that have failed:

	1) Using DOS rawrite as well as Linux dd
	2) Using a different floppy disk
	3) Downloading boot.flp from the ftp site (I've tried both the
stardard release 2.2.1 and the one in the newer/ dir)

	I just tried the boot floppy on a Cyrix 686 150, and it boots
fine.  Any suggestions would be received with many thanks, and solutions
will be met with kisses to the feet ;)  Thanks a lot!

	- Andrew Kaufmann

| Andrew Kaufmann | andrewk@airship.net | andrewk@dal.net |
|    SysAdmin: airship.net    |     Worshipper: R.E.M.    |
|                Home Page: Out of order                  |