Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:40:11 +0000
From:      "rreinoso@cfl.rr.com" <rreinoso@cfl.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Serial Port Problem

I installed an X10 controller card that uses COM3 as the device interface=
=2E =20
The first time I installed it it had a problem (see the error messages du=
ring=20
boot up below), but after recompiling the kernel, the messages went away =
and=20
it worked very well.

However, I had to re-install FreeBSD because I had partitioned the disk v=
ery=20
badly, and now I can't get the card to work.  No matter what I've tried, =
I=20
still get the error messages.  I already checked the serial card jumpers =
and=20
the "/boot/device.hints" file, and everything looks fine.  I am out of id=
eas,=20
and I don't know when the IRQs are probed and what the whole thing about=20
probed IRQs means.  Any help will be welcome.

sio2: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio2: port may not be enabled
sio2 at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 5 on isa0
sio2: type 16450

Ramiro Reinoso