Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:08:49 +0000
From:      "mike ndabarasa" <freebsd@nur.ac.rw>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: database under FreeBSD

This is a multi-part MIME message

--_===2855130====pumba.nur.ac.rw===_

;-)

--- the forwarded message follows ---

--_===2855130====pumba.nur.ac.rw===_

From: Raymon Gentry <rgentry@aecc.com>
To: 'mike ndabarasa' <freebsd@nur.ac.rw>
Subject: RE: database under FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:59:06 -0600

"I feel your pain"

I have been "hobbying around" with FreeBSD for about 1 1/2 now and would
like to learn more about utilizing databases with FreeBSD- mainly due to its
stability (and the no cost client license doesn't hurt either)

I have been leaning more towards Borlands interbase (open source) or the
firebird branch of the same source.  PostgresQL has also interested me
somewhat.

I would like to learn more about setup and administration of "open source "
databases. any suggestions

raymon