Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 00:34:19 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Gilad Rom <rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il>, Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Graphical Desktop for FreeBSD.

At 09:15 PM 10/6/98 +0000, Gilad Rom wrote:
>CVSup does not have a GUI in that sense, it is merely a simple status
>display,
>And since I know how much trouble newbies are having with supfiles and
>selection,
>a small configuration tool with help and such will greatly reduce the
>number of people
>with difficulties.

They have the option of using cvsupit.tgz, which is similar to the regular install, nothing fancy.  No dependancies either, just did a 'pkg_add cvsupit.tgz' (on a clean install) and off you go.

If it gets as far as establishing a connection, it will add /usr/local/bin/cvsup and create /etc/cvsup based on what you enter...

Excecpt it added some things I didn't check.  Just tried to get ports only, but:

*default  host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  tag=.
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

src-all
src-crypto
src-secure
*default tag=.
ports-all

A bit more than I wanted with src-all including ports-all.  Bug?  Or just an overkill default if you don't enter anything on the menu, hit ok, and say yes to ports. :/

This is the 7/25/98 copy from the CVSup directory.

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
jeff@mountin.net