Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:47:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW or pf?

I have read the handbook about firewalls, and compiled my kernel without
switching on any explicit support for pf.

Now, when I ran the mergemaster it suddenly found a lot of references to
pf in my startup scripts.

Is pf some kind of mandatory part of the base system these days? I
thought it was some kind of alternative to IPFW, but now I'm no longer
so sure.

Can someone tell me if it's ok to just use IPFW on my STABLE system, or
is there some other knobs in the kernelconfig I should toggle to turn
off pf support?

/Andreas