Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:48:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Derek Laufenberg <laufen@wi.net>
Cc:        freebsd questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: COBOL on FreeBSD - please don't laugh!

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Derek Laufenberg wrote:

> Yes you read the subject right.  (Stop smirking) I'm looking for a
> compiler/interpreter for that god forsaken language.  Any suggestions?

We had a conversation about this just last January -- A search in the
mailing archives for -questions would have turned this up:

From: "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>

You can get a COBOL Interpreter for Linux (just be sure to load the Linux
emulation) at http://www.deskware.com/cobol/cobol.htm There is also a
compiler in the works at
http://www.netsis.it/~asantini/cobcy/, but to be hones I'm not
familiar with it.