Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:21:37 +0100
From:      Eirik Oeverby <ltning@anduin.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More ULE bugs fixed.

Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On (2003/11/04 09:29), Eirik Oeverby wrote:
>

>>The problem is two parts: The mouse tends to 'lock up' for brief moments
>>when the system is under load, in particular during heavy UI operations
>>or when doing compile jobs and such.
>>The second part of the problem is related, and is manifested by the
>>mouse actually making movements I never asked it to make.
>

> Wow, I just assumed it was a local problem.  I'm also seeing unrequested
> mouse movement, as if the signals from movements are repeated or
> amplified.
>
> The thing is, I'm using 4BSD, not ULE, so I wouldn't trouble Jeff to
> look for a cause for that specific problem in ULE.

That is indeed interesting. When I return to 4BSD, everything works very
nicely. Perhaps this is some interrupt issue or something? I'll
recompile tonight and try with a new kernel (new interrupt stuff for
i386 has been checked in recently) and report back.

Sorry about the (possibly) false alarm!

/Eirik