Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David S. Jackson" <dsj@juno.dsj.net>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslog errors

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> You still have not told us how big your swap is. Output of swapinfo(8)
> please?

Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
/dev/wd0s1b     38296    35576     2592    93%    Interleaved

> Wow, you're running X on this thing? No wonder your swapping like
> that.

:->

> > Does this call for a reinstall at this point?
>
> I fail to see what that would solve unless you are planning to expand
> the swap space.

That was what I had in mind.  I don't know of a way to resize partitions
nondestructively under any of the Freenix's.  There is no way, is there?

> > Jul  2 01:00:02 juno /kernel: pid 724 (cron), uid 0: exited on signal 4
> > (core dumped)
> > Jul  2 06:28:04 juno /kernel: pid 1169 (inetd), uid 0: exited on signal 4
> > Jul  2 06:28:04 juno inetd[135]: /usr/libexec/comsat[1169]: exit status
> > 0x4
>
> Hmmm... I'm not sure why these would be dying with a SIGILL. Might be
> some other problem.

Well, perhaps we can revisit this after I get the swap issue resolved.

Regarding the swap issue, I'm used to Linux where you need a separate
swap partition.  How do you increase swap in BSD?  I'll read the handbook
as well as listen to your answer!  :-)

--
David S. Jackson				 <www.dsj.net>
Reality is for those who can't face Science Fiction.