Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:36:24 +0100
From:      Paolo Pisati <flag@oltrelinux.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compressed filesystem for FreeBSD

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 05:58:44PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <Pine.NEB.3.96L.1031119112108.8405F-100000@fledge.watson.org>, Rober
> t Watson writes:
>
> >If your file system is read-only, I wonder if the easier path wouldn't be
> >to implement a compression layer for GEOM.
>
> Somebody else talked about this concept recently, but I forgot who and
> can't find the email right now...

Present! =)

We talked in pvt emails about this topic, and u told me it would
be simpler to start hacking geom-gate and write a userland implementation
but my 5 minutes trip in geom-gate land didn't help me much... =)

let's see for the future...

--
Paolo

Italian FreeBSD User Group: http://www.gufi.org