Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:48:48 -0400
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Rodney Hopkins" <rhopkins@sunflower.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems installing

Try using "passive ftp" instead of normal ftp.  You should see it on
the menu...

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:01:46 -0500, Rodney Hopkins wrote:

>During this time I can ping the IP
>address I gave the box, so it appears the card itself is active.
>Eventually, the system comes back and says, "Cannot resolve hostname
>'ftp.freebsd.org'!  Are you sure that your name server, gateway and network
>interface are correctly configured?"  Which I am.  So I go through the
>configuration process again, this time I select to enter a URL to download
>from, I enter "ftp://209.155.82.18/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.7-RELEASE" which should
>be the IP address and path to the 2.2.7 release on ftp.freebsd.org and it
>does some stuff as if it's creating partitions on my HD and stuff, then
>gives me the message, "Couldn't open FTP connection to 209.155.82.18:
>Service not available, closing control connection."

"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people,
time and time again, and betrayed their trust. He is no longer an
effective leader. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put
the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely no
purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the
president to save some dignity and resign."

- William Jefferson Clinton, 1974