Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 00:00:39 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@despammed.com>
To:        grib3989@students.rowan.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation trouble

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 11:46:08PM -0400, grib3989@students.rowan.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I currently am running windows ME (yuck) and have been trying to
> install freebsd, also. I created a new partition for it with partition
> magic, and made that partition of type fat. So, I went install it by cd-
> rom, but whenever the screen comes up asking me about Kernel
> configuration the system seams to freeze. No key works and I can't do
> anything except restart my computer. Any assistance you could give me
> on this would be great. Thank you.

I've had this trouble from time to time, usually when using a KVM
switch.

However, whether or not a KVM switch was being used, in each case, I
was able to solve it by swapping keyboards (not necessarily using a
higher end keyboard either--sometimes, a particular keyboard simply
doesn't work right with it)

Hope this helps a bit

Scott Robbins