Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:03:30 -0500
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@jcdurham.com>
Cc:        "Ben H." <strbenjr@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Sound recording and producing CDs

On Mar 28, Jim Durham wrote:
> On Friday 26 March 2004 08:52 am, Ben H. wrote:
>
> I  cast my vote for Audacity. I use it all the time for recording a live band
> and then editing the recording and saving it in .wav format. Then I use
> burncd to burn the CD. These are both available in ports. Audacity is very
> powerful and quite intuitive to use.
>
> You didn't say if this was to be set up as a timed recording at a certain
> time? If so, you might want a command-line style recorder that can be started
> from cron. I have one here that I helped write that I could send you the
> source for, or there is one in /usr/ports/audio that will work, but I forget
> the name...readthe descriptions in /usr/ports/audio/* .
>
> I  hesitate to comment on Rosegarden. I haven't used it in a long time.
> It worked. It was a little rough. It may be much better now.

	Rosegarden is very dated (or at least the version in the
ports).  Last time I looked there was little hope to get a more
current version working on FreeBSD (I think they depended on Alsa).
	I've submitted PRs with for Anthem and it's dependcies,

	http://www.arsvcs.demon.co.uk/rci/sound/anthem/anthem.htm

	It's seems quite nice.

	--Mat

--