Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 06:34:40 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2-RELEASE and netscape problem.

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > It breaks because compat22 is installing _everything_ in
> > /usr/lib/compat/aout.  We've reproduced this locally - compat22 is
> > hosed.

> Hmmm.  Good thing I took that out of the default list of installation targets then. :)
> I tend to think that the compat22 distro simply aged and died but nobody noticed
> until now. :(

Can we put anything on the 2 boot floppies.
How about putting ld.so on one of the floopy disks and hacking the
install
program to always copy the ld.so file from floppy to /usr/libexec

Then everyone gets a working system.

However, installing the linux netscape 4.08 is a workaround

I suppose the problems will be in Netscape and my XiGs Accel X 4.1.
Anything other native FreeBSD aout binaries?

Bye
Roger