Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 2015 07:57:50 -0400
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>, Walter Schwarzenfeld <w.schwarzenfeld@utanet.at>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox + SeaMonkey (gecko browsers) instant crash on some web pages

Hi,

On 10/09/2015 03:38, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Steve Wills wrote on 10/08/2015 21:55:
>> Just to test, try setting gfx.canvas.azure.backends and
>> gfx.content.azure.backends to skia in about:config and see if it still
>> crashes.
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> I changed both from cairo to skia. Firefox crashed again on www.mapy.cz
> but on next start www.mapy.cz and www.seznam.cz works normally. So this
> can be a workaround.
>
> When I entered www.mapy.cz this messages were printed on console but FF
> didn't crash

Yes, you have to restart for it to take effect. BTW, I think only
changing gfx.canvas.azure.backends is necessary,
gfx.content.azure.backends can remain at default setting.

>> firefox
>
> (process:8936): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
> Fontconfig warning: "local.conf", line 1093: saw number, expected matrix
> libGL error: Calling driver entry point failed
> libGL error: reverting to software direct rendering
> libGL error: failed to load driver: vboxvideo
> ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by
> environment.

Yeah, GL stuff isn't going to get hardware acceleration in vbox, no
surprise there. Should be fine though, I think.

> Can I use "skia" or does it have some negative impact? (I don't know
> what these two settings mean)

The only negative impact could be slower performance in some cases. But
it does provide better performance in other cases, so it depends. And of
course, not crashing is a benefit. :)

Steve