Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 13:44:39 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems after PAO -> 2.2.5 stable

> > Remember chaps, the IRQ from the CIS is complete rubbish.  PCCARDs
> > only have *one* interrupt pin; it's the routing in the pcic that does
> > the work.
>
> Yes, but the current FreeBSD code tells the driver/card that it's using
> the specific interrupt, so it doesn't always work correctly.  We should
> tell the driver card that it's using an 'acceptable' interrupt, but use
> whatever one that is free, but we don't.

Uh, I don't think we are on the same wavelength.  Consider:

device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq3 vector siointr

# Megahertz XJ4336
card "Megahertz" "XJ4336-CC4336"
        config  0x21 "sio1" 10
        insert  echo Modem arrives...
        remove  echo Modem departs...

Tuple #6, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
    000:  21 08 aa 60 f8 02 07
        Config index = 0x21
        Card decodes 10 address lines, 8 Bit I/O only
                I/O address # 1: block start = 0x2f8 block length = 0x8

This *works*.  To me, it is clear that the IRQ parameter from the
pccard.conf entry is being propagated to the sio probe/attach.

What am I missing in your example?

mike