Date:      Thu, 16 May 96 13:38:01 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Hudson <markh@datakinetics.co.uk>
To:        "questions@FREEBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>

Hello,

I have a copy of Free BSD 2.1 which I am trying to install onto a 75Mhz
Pentium. I made the boot disk but the machine halts before the
installation menu is reached - a few lines from the boot sequence
appear on the screen before it goes blank. Ive tried the boot disk on
various machines in the office and found that the machines with the
Microid Research BIOS fail to boot; those with American Megetrends
BIOS go to the installation menu O.K.

Is there a get around for this ??

The full details on my system are :

	Intel Triton 75Mhz Pentium
	Microid Research BIOS V3.12 (ELONEX BIOS 2.02)

Elonex are the UK assembler who source our PCs.

I'd appreciate any input from you on this.

Thanks

Mark Hudson