Date:      Tue, 29 May 2018 20:29:30 -0600
From:      Dan Allen <danallen46@gmail.com>
Subject:   aesni on i386 w/gcc breaks 11-STABLE kernel build

To Whom It May Concern:

I am building FreeBSD 11 stable i386 on an old Pentium 4 machine.  The =
clang/llvm build is just horrific in length, so I am substituting gcc by =
the appropriate /etc/src.conf defines such as WITHOUT_CLANG, =
WITHOUT_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP, WITH_GCC, WITH_GCC_BOOTSTRAP. =20

After deleting clang via make delete-old in /usr/src, all of userland =
builds fine, but the kernel will not build due to the aesni module.

The build break is due to compiling =
/usr/src/sys/crypto/aesni/aesni_ghash.c, which in turn #includes =
wmmintrin.h, emmintrin.h, and smmintrin.h which are all clang-specific =
headers.

I am rebuilding with MK_CRYPT=3Dno to see if this works around the =
problem, but it seems like perhaps just this one aesni module should not =
be built rather than all of CRYPT having to be disabled.

This is a post 11.2 BETA3 sync to STABLE as of today, 29 May 2018.

Dan