Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:40:47 +0900
From:      Kouichiro Iwao <meta@club.kyutech.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to make vimage jail permanent by configuring rc.conf?

Hi.

I'm trying to freebsd cruster with jails.  I know how to make
vimage jail temporarily with the commands like this.

# jail -c vnet path=/usr/jail/jail01 persist
# ifconfig epair create
# ifconfig epair0a vnet $JID
(snip)

I want to make it permanent. I want jails to start automatically when I
rebooted the host environment. I add the following lines into rc.conf.

jail_jail01_flags="-c vnet"
jail_jail01_rootdir="/usr/jail/jail01"
jail_jail01_hostname="jail01.example.jp"
jail_jail01_ip="192.168.100.101"

However, I failed "/etc/rc.d/jail onestart jail01" to start up the jail.
How to configure rc.conf in order to make vimage jail permanent?

rc.d/jail only support traditional jails?

--
kiwao