Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 00:19:41 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        ValTech <valtech@caribnet.net>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5 Packages MSDOS

ValTech wrote:

> How do  I go about renaming all of the files to their corrrect file name?
> and where do I put them?

You can't access your CD from FreeBSD??
So copy them to a temporary dir on a Dos or FreeBSD drive
as:	filename.tgz
cd to the directory that filename.tgz is in and
run:	pkg_add filename.tgz

Heck you can copy them to a dos floppy, mount that floppy (as dos)
under FreeBSD and run pkg_add on that floppy and it'll work!

AFAIK The original name is not needed. it just needs a .tgz
extension.

--
-Enjoy
Gary