Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:23:11 +0100
From:      Jan Schlesner <jschlesn@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
To:        rehsack@liwing.de
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: which dumps core on 4.5-RC2

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:31:47AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> on my just installed DSL-Router based on FreeBSD 4.5-RC2 iso image
> with a new compiled kernel (added NETGRAPH, removed IPv6):
>
> "which" abc results in showing the full path and terminates with
> "illegal instruction: core dumped"

that looks like, that your system and your kernel isn't build from the
same sources. Have you install the sources from the CD? I don't know
the iso-image, but I have no problems with 4.5-RC installed from the
cvsuped sources. If you cvsup the sources an rebuild your system and
kernel, I'm sure the problem disapear.

Jan

--
[ gpg key: http://wwwnlds.physik.tu-berlin.de/~schlesner/jschlesn.gpg ]
[ key fingerprint: 4236 3497 C4CF 4F3A 274F  B6E2 C4F6 B639 1DF4 CF0A ]