Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:04:14 +0800
From:      "Ann Lee" <yokean1@gmail.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=" <des@des.no>
Cc:        freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd 4.8 max supported RAM

yes, it's old but stable. so far so good as this running in my production
with anti-spam email gateway filtering installed more than 2 years. im
thinking for an upgrade the RAM and add 1 more CPU processor in. maybe
upgrade the freebsd version to 5.3 version and above.

do i still need to build the custom kernel for 5.3? do u hv the file? can
send me the instruction? is 5.3 stable enought to support 2 X Intel Xeon
2.8Ghz processor and 4GB RAM. i seen many forums that some only can detect
3GB RAM instead of 4GB RAM.