Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 20:32:38 +0000
From:      "Timothy P. Layton, Sr." <tlayton@global-sol.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.6-RELEASE pcmcia modem question ?

I installed 2.1.6 and am using my 3com 3C589C ethernet pcmcia card.

I have a MegaHertz pcmcia modem and would like to use it to dial up
to the internet when I am away from my LAN that has ISDN
connectivity.

I went into the /etc/pccard.conf.sample file and seen that there is support
for some pcmcia modems.  I also looked in my /etc/sysconfig file and noticed
that the pccard line says no.  But my 3com ethernet card works.  I suppose
this is becasue 2.1.6 supports the 3com card out of the box.

Any ideas on how to implement the pcmcia modem support would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim-