Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 15:04:54 -0400
From:      Keith Leonard <kleon@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slow mail retrival with popclient?

Howdy,

If I hadn't trashed my HD on the laptop I wouldn't have noticed but, I
quickly install a 5 disk set of Linux I keep handy in the bag.
Check my mail using popclient on the machine and the reading time was
1/4 that of FreeBSD (2.1.5) using popclient to the same server (I've
kept Lin*x on the smaller machine for testing over the last two weeks)

Obviously, I've not set up FreeBSD right (I meam this little 486/25 is
faster than my desktop in reading mail).

I've turned off (or not turned on) the flushing function and still no
difference, in fact BSD seem to still take the same time either way
even if it's not flushing the server. Any ideas how I can get popclient
cranked up on the laptop.

TIA
_________

Keith