Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:12:12 -0600
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libjawt.so and libz.so.5

On Friday 20 January 2012 13:41:25 Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:21:38 -0600, ajtiM wrote:
> > The other one is with Opera-11-60: /usr/local/lib/opera/liboperagtk2.so
> > misses libz.so.5
> >
> > I have on the system ;ibz.so.6
>
> I think you need to reinstall Opera so it will be linked
> against the current version libz.so.6. Maybe you have
> left out an important step when upgrading from v8 to v9.
> See /usr/src/Makefile's comment header:
>
> [...]
>  7.  `make installworld'
>  8.  `make delete-old'
>  9.  `mergemaster'            (you may wish to use -i, along with -U or
> -F). 10.  `reboot'
> 11.  `make delete-old-libs' (in case no 3rd party program uses them
> anymore)
>
> Steps 8 and 11 are important here.
>
> In case you've not removed the libs from v8, Opera still
> seems to link against them even though the version does
> not match anymore.
>
> Make sure you have performed the upgrading steps properly
> before rebuilding Opera. This is important when rebuilding
> installed applications after system upgrade (unless you
> have installed the compat8x-i386-x.y.* port and _not_
> installed any further applications).

I didn't update version 8 to 9. I mage new install of FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 and than
I use freebsd-update upgrade to FreeBSD-RELEASE.
I did reinstall Opera two times and it is the same.

I don't know whey LibreeOffice didn't "saw" that I have libjawt.so?

Thanks.

Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa