Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:17:11 +1300
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do I catch timezone update and perform needed actions?

OK, so daylight savings just rolled over again.  Applications which are
already running apparently do not pick up the time zone change.  In my
installation apache is not regularly restarted, so it's 4 days later and
I just noticed that apache has been putting the wrong time stamps on
everything, and a script that regularly processes the last 10 minutes of
log data based on time stamps on log lines has been coming up empty for
days as a result.

What I need is a way to stop this happening again in years to come.

I thought about submitting a pr asking for some system change such that
a user configurable script gets run whenever the time zone changes.
Perhaps such a mechanism exists already though?

Any pointers?  Should this be submitted as a pr?

Andrew