Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:32:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot(not so)easy

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Robert Eckardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since it happened now a second time under the same conditions
> I would like to ask whether others have observed the same:
>
> FreeBSD 2.2-BETA_A panics with a page fault in faxgetty
> (HylaFAX (tm) Version 3.0pl0113) when I boot with `booteasy' to
> FreeBSD (F4) after having used DOS first (F1) (slices 2 and 3 unused)
> (F1 was the default).
>
> On the next trial (F4 is the default) it boots w/o problems
> (besides the FS check).

Does faxgetty work ok?  Do you have the qcam driver compiled into your
kernel?

I have a reliable panic I can get with 2.2-GAMMA with the quickcam driver
enabled on my ASUS P/I-P55T2P4 (which is yours w/o built in video, I
think)  It panics just after closing a tty.  The following set of kermit
commands will fry it:

kermit
set modem hayes
set line /dev/cuaa1