Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:54:31 +0100
From:      Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail masquerading configuration

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 02:28:17AM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt typed:

Actually, I believe it's the EXPOSED_USERS macro, and it can be
adjusted; e.g. in sendmail.cf:

C{E}root

just remove the root user from this line. In conjunction with a
MASQUERADE_AS macro, this will allow root to send email coming from
your domain without your hostname.
You might want to use the MASQUERADE_ENVELOPE macro as well, 'cause
that's probably what your isp is filtering on (the envelope_from
address). Read all about it in /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README.

BTW, I agree that masquerading is NOT the proper way to do these
things.

Ruben