Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:29:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeff Lynch <jeff@mercury.jorsm.com>
To:        "James F. Ruffer III" <jffmriii@unixbox.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dual procs (was RE: Changes from 2.2.6 to 3.2)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, James F. Ruffer III wrote:

> does freebsd support duel processing???
> two 400 PII
> thankyou

Time to change the subject line.  Yes, we're doing just that on ASUS
motherboards with 384MB RAM per box. They scream. We had reservations
about using the integrated adaptec controller versions, but now we believe
it's a better solution that dangling even a PCI card above the board.
Solder is better than pressure contact and we haven't lost a scsi
controller or ASUS motherboard in over four years eventhough we keep at
least one spare 2940UW just in case. We're probably a little more carefull
than average about ESD, though.

-jeff

Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: jeff@jorsm.com		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: info@jorsm.com	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Indivds Since 1995