Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:24:13 CST
From:      "Paul Coyne" <coyne@br-inc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ipfw and natd and URL filter

Any suggestions on how to filter URL's?

I know I can filter via IP address, but I need to be able to filter a
complete URL, and the list will be 2-4MB worth of URL's .

e.g. if http://www.whatever.com/~users/badstuff must be filtered, but
http://www.whatever.com/~users/goodstuff shouldn't be:  This requires the
packets to be reassembled to determine the complete URL to base an accept
or deny , so ipfw doesn't work (I think).

Thanks,

Paul
-------------
Original Text
From: "Ludwig Pummer" <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>, on 1/5/99 6:00 PM:
At 10:53 AM 1/5/99 , Gustavo Vieira G C Rios wrote:
>Hi, folks, i am trying to increase my system security, but the main
>problem i would like to solve is:
>I DON'T wanna my user to send their passwords via a connect over
>internet. for instance, when getting email they need to send it! Isn't
>there any way to send this passwd encrypted? The same happens with ftp,
>etc. For shell session i am using ssh, but how to do about other
>services ?

You could just use the SSH secure connection method. SSH lets you redirect
a local port on your machine, encrypts that, sends it to the SSH server
you're connected to, and that sends it to wherever. I use it to pick up my
IMAP mail from work, where absolutely no outside connections using
passwords are allowed. And my brother SSHs into here to get his POP mail
and send it with SMTP.

I'm using Cedomir Igaly's SSH client for Windows v2.101 (searching for
"cedomir igaly ssh" on yahoo always finds it for me). There's a newer
version available with more options, but it seems to have a problem using
RSA keys, so I use my old v2.101.
--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )
ICQ UIN: 692441 (  ludwigp@email.com  )