Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:22:37 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail + Cyrus + Procmail(?) + SpamAssassin

--=-=-=

At 2003-04-01T06:30:53Z, Rick Fournier <rick@rptn.net> writes:

> Well for the worth of it, I use Sendmail, Procmail, SpamAssassin and
> IMAP-UW but with my setup the IMAP software used, is totaly irrelevant.

Almost, but not quite.  You have to call Cyrus' "deliver" program to
actually deliver the mail; you can't just write it to the end of a
particular file.

> My setup is as follows:
>
> $ tail /usr/local/etc/procmailrc
> DROPPRIVS=3Dyes
> :0fw: /var/run/spamassassin.lock
> * < 256000
> | /usr/local/bin/spamc

That looks similar to what I tried to do, which the exception of calling
"deliver" as the final step.  I'm not sure why that didn't work - the mail
just silently disappeared (wasn't in Cyrus' spools, wasn't in
/var/mail/username) although /var/log/maillog didn't show any errors.

> $ tail $HOME/.forward
> "|IFS=3D' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 $USER"

I may be showing my ignorance here, but what is "IFS"?  Googling for
"sendmail forward ifs" returned over 3000 hits, none of them actually
explaining it.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.