Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:52:08 -0700
From:      Leonard <leonardc9@usa.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP Filters and Source Quench?

I'm trying to set up filters for the userland ppp program and can't seem to
figure out how to correctly install the filters.  In which file are they
supposed to go?  I've tried putting my filters in ppp.conf,
ppp.conf.filters, and ppp.linkup and none of them seem to work.  I can
manually type in my filters each time, but I'd like it if they were saved
in a file form instead.  Does anybody have any experience with this?

Also, does anybody know what a source quench is?  Each time I ping one of
my Macs I get a message saying "source quench" and ping reports that of 56
bytes sent, 94 were returned.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Leonard

--
Leonard Chung <Leonardc9@usa.net>
Support the Blue Ribbon Campaign for free speech online        ()