Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:23:40 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'uptime' message in ftp motd at ftp.cdrom.com?

>Would it be possible to have the ftp motd printed when you anonymously ftp
>to ftp.cdrom.com include the output of 'uptime'?  Its nice to have to showoff
>to others :b

   No. Considering the various reliability problems that we've been having
recently (disk drive failures, etc), it's not something that I'd want to
advertise in any case.
   Even when the machine is working fine, I usually reboot it after 7-14 days
or so to clear out any junk that might be left around (cron jobs that went
wild, stuck ftpd's, etc), so the uptime never gets very high.

-DG

David Greenman