Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:06:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      mlduke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Don Hansford <donh@halenet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another newbie

> sure. Currently scavenging bits from work to build a 300 or better box.

Welcome to the world of FBSD. As it happens, I just put a 350 box together
with advice from my friend and Unix Mentor, the AIX Systems Engineer.

Got the AMD K6 350 because it was the slowest available. What makes it
lightening fast are the:

IBM Ultrawide SCSI HD
Adaptec 2940UW Controller
Asus P5A-B Super Socket Seven Mother w/100 Mhz Bus
64M 100Mhz Dimm Ram
(Then, the highest priced ball bearing fan and heat sink I could get)
It's all in an Enlight Minitower.

Took awhile to get this list together, thought some others might find
it useful.

ML Duke