Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/16850: upgrade port: graphics/gnofract4d: 1.0 -> 1.2

The following reply was made to PR ports/16850; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To: Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:33:39 -0600

 Will,

 I've taken a look at this.. the PLIST was missing a large number of
 bits and pieces, and I've made it ${PREFIX} safe by getting rid
 of the "gnome-config --datadir" constructs in the configure script
 (as a side note, using gnome-config for anything other than libs,
 cflags, and versioning information is usually always a mistake :)

 However, on a 3.4-STABLE machine, running XFree 3.3.6 with an
 up-to-date ports tree, I get the following when I try to run it
 (both with your patchset, and mine):

 	viper 33% gnofract4d
 	Xlib: sequence lost (0x1021d > 0x340) in reply type 0x0!
 	Gdk-ERROR **: BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)

 My 4.x box is currently in lots of little pieces, so I can't test there.

 This doesn't happen with the previous 1.0 version.

 My updated patchset can be found at:

 	http://www.lovett.com/FreeBSD/graphics.gnofract4d.patch

 If you can do a little more investigation and get the thing working
 again, I'll be happy to commit it.

 -aDe

 --
 Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.