Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:10:01 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        sson@freebsd.org, cognet@freebsd.org
Subject:   qemu 1.4.0; bsd-user (running like arm or mips executables on x86)

Hi!

 I think we are finally getting closer to putting qemu 1.4.0 into ports...
bsd-user (for running like arm or mips executables on x86) has become
a lot more usable now mostly thanx to sson and cognet:

	https://wiki.freebsd.org/QemuUserModeHowTo

 Yesterday cognet fixed dynamic arm executables and now I took that fix
and sson's latest patches, fixed the pcap patch and made another
emulators/qemu-devel port update for people to test:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/qemu-devel-1.4.0-partly-004.patch

 (I think the main difference to sson's git repo mentioned on the
wiki is now the fixed pcap patch for the softmmu targets i.e. system
emulation, if you are more interested in following sson's bsd-user
fixes then his git repo may become more up to date again soon until
I make another port update.)

 Enjoy! :)
	Juergen

PS: I know the patches in the files/ dir are a mess right now, I'd
say once bsd-user has become stable at least the bsd-user bits
definitely should be pushed back upstream...