Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:00:04 GMT
From:      Antti Myller <techman@suomi24.fi>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/141112: [ata] [panic] Kernel panic when booting with any sATA drives

The following reply was made to PR amd64/141112; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Antti Myller <techman@suomi24.fi>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/141112: [ata] [panic] Kernel panic when booting with any
 sATA drives
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:35:51 +0100 (CET)

 >To debug problem we need more information about the problem.
 >What chipset do you have?
 >Have you tried both old ataahci and new ahci drivers?
 >Can you grab panic message?
 >Can you build kernel with debugger and get backtrace of the panic?
 >Can you try 8-STABLE?
 >
 >--
 >Alexander Motin

 Chipset: Integrated Single Chip ULi(ALi) M1689

 Tried with both ataahci and ahci. Both have the same result.

 Panic Message:
 cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
 fault virtual address = 0x0
 fault code = supervisor read instruction, page not present
 instruction pointer = 0x20:0x0
 stack pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff80e1e6b0
 frame pointer = 0x20:0xffffffff80e1e700
 code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
 = DPL0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
 processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
 current process = 0 (swapper)
 trap number = 12
 panic : page fault
 cpuid = 0
 Uptime: 1s
 Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.

 Debugger is bilt in kernel, but is unable to dump with savecore, no
 dumps found.

 This is on server so I'd like to keep it as 8.0-RELEASE.

 ---
 Antti Myller